Zhoosh up your favourite gluten free Chocolate & Orange Cake with a chocolate orange frosting!
- YesYouCan Chocolate and Orange Cake Mix
- 2 eggs or YesYouCan Vegan Egg Replacer
- 160ml water
- 60g melted margarine or unsalted butter
- 1 cake tin
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 8 tbsp butter, room temperature
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp of orange juice
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp of orange extract
- 4 oz of cream cheese, room temperature
Pre-heat oven to 180C conventional or 160C fan-forced oven and grease tin or line with baking paper
Combine eggs, water, melted margarine or butter, and cake mix in a mixing bowl
Fold mixture by hand with a wooden spoon until a uniform batter is formed
Pour batter into cake tin evenly
Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until the peak bounces back when pressed lightly
Cool on a wire rack and enjoy
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add cocoa powder, orange juice and extract. Beat until well blended.
- Beat in the cream cheese until smooth and whipped.
- Refrigerate until firm for about 30 minutes.
inspired by jonathanstiers.com/blog/2018/4/9/chocolate-orange-cake