For the fish:
- 100g YesYouCan Self Raising Flour
- 50g Rice flour
- 1/4th tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Salt
- 15g Sugar
- 160ml Beer (Gluten free lager)
- 400g flake (or any other fish you wish to use)
For the chips:
- 200g of potatoes cut into wedges
- 40g of cornflour
- 20ml cold water
For the dip:
- 50g mayonnaise
- 50g sour cream
- 20g capers finely chopped
- 20g pickles finely chopped
- Mint leaves (optional)
- For the dip, in a bowl mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, capers and pickles and set aside.
- In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients (flour, rice flour, turmeric, salt and sugar)
- Add the chilled beer while whisking continuously. Rest this in the fridge while you portion the fish. The consistency of the batter should be like that of thickened cream.
- The ideal size of each piece of fish should be around 70g.
- For the chips coat the potato wedges in the mixture of cornflour and cold water. Fry on medium high heat until golden brown.
- Batter each piece of fish and drip off the excess before frying. The batter should coat the fish entirely.
- Fry this on medium high heat till golden brown and crisp, drain on a wire rack or on a paper towel before serving!